Black Women Photographers x Nikon Grants Return for a Third Year
The Black Women Photographers x Nikon Grant is back for a third year, offering an incredible opportunity for aspiring and established Black women photographers to propel their visual projects and businesses forward. A total of $50,000 in awards are available, along with the latest cutting-edge Nikon mirrorless Z series gear. Whether you are looking to ease the burden of business expenses or need a financial boost to complete a visual project, the Black Women Photographers x Nikon Grant is worth exploring.
Applications for the Black Women Photographers x Nikon Grants opened on January 17, 2024, and will be accepted until February 17, 2024, at 11:59 pm EST. The program will award 11 recipients and the grant breakdown is as follows:
- (1) $10,000 Grant: A substantial grant aimed at funding the completion of an outstanding visual project.
- (5) $5,000 Grants: Granting recipients $5,000 each to support the development of their creative endeavors.
- (5) $3,000 Grants: Intended to alleviate the burden of business expenses and support those who operate in the entrepreneurial space of photography.
Recipients of the grants will be notified by March 2024.
Nikon Z 7II and 28-75mm f/2.8 lens. (Photo Courtesy: The Photo Center/Nikon)
In addition to the generous grant amounts, Nikon is further supporting the awardees with the latest mirrorless Z series gear to help enhance the quality and impact of their work. This includes:
- (1) Z 8 and 24-70mm f/2.8 and 85mm f/1.8
- (1) Z 7II and 28-75mm f/2.8
- (1) Z 6II 28-75mm f/2.8 and 35mm f/1.8
- (1) Z fc + 16-50mm Lens Kit
- (1) Z 30 One Lens Kit
To sum it up, The Black Women Photographers x Nikon Grants is a wonderful opportunity for Black female photographers of all skill levels to take their creative pursuits to the next level. This initiative is not just about capturing moments; it’s about capturing dreams and paving the way for a more inclusive and diverse future in the world of photography.
Ready to Apply?
By Jess McKenzie
Jess McKenzie is a brand identity designer from Detroit, MI. She is a self-proclaimed nerd that loves 80s movies and longs for Saturday morning cartoons to return. When she is not tied to her computer, she can be found taking random road trips and practicing landscape photography.